Mary McCauley Workshop-Fabric and Form: 3 Dimensional Quilting
DATE: 2 day workshop June 25-26, 2013
LOCATION: Jukebox Quilts, 2025 Turnberry Road, Fort Collins, CO 80524
COST: $100.00 Includes Lunch for both days. (Plus $10 kit fee paid to Mary at the class)
20 Students only-- sign up today.
maryHM@frii.com if questions Visit Mary's website
Old and new, familiar and innovative, building on the past and exploring the unknown – these are the successful themes that form the approach of our workshop. In this workshop we put old, familiar skills to use in creating new and unique art forms. We will learn about using fabric to make vessels or “textile sculptures”, then design and construct our own new vessels using a simple, systematic process that allows for a great range of invention.Outline: Class members will design and create a 3 dimensional vessel or form, using my step-by-step process.
- Introduction to 3 D fabric structures, examples and inspirations, discussion of 3 D design elements, symmetry/asymmetry, opportunities and limitations presented by fabric medium.
- Design work: sketching the form, creating a template on paper, planning the construction sequence
- Constructing the panels, embellishment and “polishing the pieces”
- Assembling the form, putting the pieces together, wiring technique
- Finishing touches: Creating the base, labeling, final embellishment
- “Accessorizing”: storage/carrying box, photography tips
Required Class Kit: ($10 paid directly to Mary at the class) -
Each class member will receive a kit with the following materials to ensure they have the right gauge and quality of the basics for a 3D form
- 1 yard heavy gauge Pellon
- 1 yard light weight fusible web
- 1 spool 24 gauge craft wire
1. Fill out Registration form here - Workshop Registration
Fill out the Registration for class and select Print, Then hit Submit.
2. You can either send in a check for your registration or choose the button below to pay by Paypal.
Mary is also doing a presentation on May 11, 2013 from 10am -noon at Jukebox Quilts - seating is limited to 30. Please call 970.224.9975 to register for the lecture.